Thursday, April 3, 2014

A-Z Challenge 2014: ‘C’ for Chin Mudra

After a couple of days of giving my readers gyaan on healthy foods, I bring you a yoga tip that promises to keep you healthy for posterity.

Most of you must be familiar with Chin Mudra that brings together the tips of the thumb and index finger while holding the rest of the three fingers straight. I do deep breathing while holding my fingers in this Mudra. You can do 100 to 500 counts of deep abdominal breathing depending on the time you can spare. It’s worth the time and effort, I promise.

This Mudra is effective for de-stressing, bringing down one’s blood pressure and getting sound sleep. It improves one's concentration and focus too. So many good things all rolled into one. So what are you waiting for? Try it out NOW.

C for Chin Mudra

TIP: Avoid doing this on a full stomach. A couple of hours after meals is a good time to do it, unless you prefer to do it first thing in the morning.

CLICK HERE to learn more about Mudras.....

A-Z Challenge 2014
'A' for Asafoetida
'B' for Bananas
'C' for Chin Mudra
'D' for Dance Therapy
'E' for Elephant Yam
'F' for Fenugreek Seeds



28 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip. I am going to do it everyday, pakka ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! You should. will bring a terrific change to your life :)

      Delete
  2. Sundari your posts are so nice....like a daily tip to a healthy life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey thanks for the tip. Will try it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this post! Will do it whenever I feel stressed out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There was a time when I practiced mudras...should get back to it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janaki, yeah you should, especially since you must be aware of the results :)

      Delete
  6. Neat1 Going to give this a try. Thanks for sharing! My daughter recently started doing yoga and she loves it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Teresa, thanks for stopping by my blog and posting a comment. Great to meet you! And yes, you should try it out. Its simple and has amazing effects. :)

      Delete
  7. I should have seen this post long time before, would have saved me some real moments of stress. I tried this Sundari.. and the effect was very positive. Thank you .

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never heard of mudras and now you have me wanting to learn more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ryshia, thanks for stopping by. I have added a link at the end of the post that will give you some more info on Mudras. I am glad I got you curious about the topic. Believe me, it's for your best :)

      Delete
  9. I need to try this, I need to! I am so stressed out nowadays that I fear I will have a panic attack soon. Thanks a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Pooja! You should. My daughter used to be stressed 24/7 before I insisted she do this. It's made a tremendous impact on her and improved her sleep pattern too :)

      Delete
  10. I love Yoga and I found that I used MUDRAS before I knew what they were! I will certainly try the breathing with the Chin Mudra THANKS . #a2zchallenge great to connect ! I am #1547 http://4covert2overt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, great to connect through AtoZ. Will definitely check out your blog :)

      Delete
  11. Great tips you are sharing. Very helpful

    Moondustwriter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Moonie, thanks for stopping by. I am glad you find them useful :)

      Delete
  12. I'll try anything that will improve my concentration and/or give me a better night's sleep. Consider it done.

    Nice to meet you on my A to Z tour. 2266 is a lot of blogs to try to visit, so I started on the bottom of the list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patricia, Great to have you here on my blog. You are right - that's a lot. This will definitely improve your concentration and sleep. You will see the effect in the first few days itself. Wish you luck! :)

      Delete
  13. Sharing and doing it to. Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete